Transform Your Smile with Our Dental Implants in Dumfries
Dental implants continue to become one of the most increasingly popular methods of replacing any number of missing teeth you may have. No patient, no matter their age, deserves to have a smile they're uncomfortable with sharing. With the help of this procedure, Prince William Family Dental can restore your smile to its fullest potential so you can feel proud to smile, laugh, and enjoy your favorite foods again. Our dental implants in Dumfries and Woodbridge provide stability and comfort, acting just as your natural teeth.
In this procedure, we utilize titanium post supports that are surgically fused with your jawbone, acting as an anchor for natural looking teeth. There are multiple options patients have for dental implants, including implant overdentures, which are also available at Prince William Family Dental. During your consultation with Dr. Dafo, we'll thoroughly discuss the best option for your smile.
Here are some advantages to our dental implants:
• Extremely natural looking, difficult to tell the difference between the implant crown and your natural tooth
• The surgical fusion makes the posts very stable and comfortable compared to traditional dentures
• If they're properly taken care of, they can last a lifetime
Sometimes, our Dumfries dental implants aren't the right choice for your smile. Your options will be explored in detail during your consultation as we find out the goals you have for your dental health and what will be the best way to get you there. If Dr. Dafo finds that dental implants aren't the safest and best option, we will discuss other options.
Types of Dental Implants
There are different types of dental implants available, but Dr. Dafo will help pick the type of implant that'll be best, depending on the state of your current oral and dental health.
• Root Form Implant: This is the most common type of dental implant. The screw, or "post," is shaped like the root of the tooth. It's placed in the spot where your natural tooth had grown and will act as such.
• Plate Form Implant: This type of implant has a flat and long shape to it, which is typically better suited for a patient with a narrow jawbone.
• Subperiosteal Implants: If there is not enough bone width or height for the root or plate form implant, a subperiosteal implant may be chosen. It's designed to sit on top of the jawbone right underneath the gums, allowing the gums to properly form around the area to provide the stability necessary.
Are you missing one or multiple teeth and are looking to fill in the gaps? Contact Prince William Family Dental to schedule your consultation for our dental implants in Dumfries and Woodbridge and how we can help start your smile transformation! Reach our Dumfries office by calling (703) 844-2717 or our Woodbridge location at (703) 382-6545.